Challenges have been discontinued, but I hope you will enjoy browsing through this wonderful archive of Alice-inspired art!

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Goodbye to Oh, Alice! and Hello to The Altered Alice Challenges!

Lynne Phelps - Savvy Sisters Studio

If you wish to enter the Oh, Alice! Chapter 47 challenge, you are in the right place! Keep reading!

In Wonderland, Alice learned that everything changes so the important thing is to be true to yourself. That is true for the Alice in Wonderland challenges as well, which will be changing and growing in new directions. When our current Mad Hatter, Jess, decided it was time to move on, I just couldn't let the Alice in Wonderland challenges die so I have stepped up to the plate as the new Mad Hatter of our Twisted Tea Party!

You will find our same familiar challenge Chapters but they will be in a new monthly form, beginning on the first Sunday of the month and posting the winner on the last Sunday of the month. The design team will provide weekly project posts to inspire you along the way! In between challenge posts, we will continue to feature our familiar reviews of Alice in Wonderland artwork.

We are saying goodbye to most of the team, many of whom were there from the beginning:
Jessica (the previous Mad Hatter),  Andi, Emma, Gloria, Ky, Margie, Peggy, Randi, and Tasha. It was been one of the great joys of my life to work with such a talented team, and I wish them well as they pursue new creative endeavors!


Please say hello to the The Altered Alice design team!

Lynne Phelps (me!!!) is becoming the new Mad Hatter of our twisted tea party. You can see my Alice in Wonderland projects on my personal blog, Savvy Sisters Studio. You also see a lot of my Alice artwork in the blog background, margins, header, and badges.

Let me introduce the rest of the Twisted Tea Party!

Barbara Washington of Magic Delights entered the Alice challenges every week and I always looked forward to her entry. She shares my love of the classic Alice illustrations by Sir John Tenniel and her love of Wonderland really shines through!  It took her a while to respond to my design team invitation as she had to finish hopping up and down while shrieking with joy, so I think that bodes well for her future efforts! Barbara's other design teams include Artistic Outpost, Creative Inspiration Paints,  and The Cheerful Stamp Pad.

Donna, also known as "Meme" of Meme's Art Place is staying with us from the Oh, Alice! team. Her work is amazingly creative and innovative and shows a true love of all things Alice. She has been published in several Stampington publications! You will remember Donna as the fabulous artist who donated her Halloween in Wonderland printer's tray to be offered as blog candy in a drive to spread the word about The Altered Alice, which resulted in almost 75 followers of a new blog!

Erin Leveille of Stamp til U Cramp is staying with us from the Oh, Alice! design team. Erin's style moves between cute/whimsical and vintage, and she excels at both styles! Erin has been on several design teams, but she is refocusing on scrapbooking this year so I am especially honored that she has chosen to continue with the Alice challenges! I am also excited that we may possibly see some scrappy Alice-related projects to expand our repertoire!

Sammi Betbeder of  Sammi's Stamping Stuff remains with us from the old team. Sammi runs an online Copic store, Mad for Markers, which serves Australia and New Zealand, and the Mad for Markers blog offers GREAT Copic tips and challenges! She is talented at drawing as well as stamping and coloring and often includes some of her own illustrations in her lovely creations. Sammi teaches Copic classes and is on several design teams including The Stamp Spot, Spesch Designer Stamps, and Inky Impressions.

Sandy Sholz of Stempelchaotin comes to us from Germany. Sandy creates fantastic digital artwork in addition to wonderful projects created with more traditional media. She revels her her creative chaos! I fell in love with the many Alice creations on her blog and thought her artwork would extend our design team boundaries a bit! Sandy's other design teams include Nicecrane, Lisa's Altered Arts, Moonlight Journey, and Scrapbook-Online-Verlag.

Sue Roddis of JABBERWOCKY splits her time between the UK and Kazakhstan. She will be familiar to many of you as she has been the featured artist more than once right here on The Altered Alice, and also from her work on the Stampotique design team. Sue creates the most fantastic art journal pages and other things, many of which feature Alice in Wonderland themes. Sue is going to keep the ALTERED in The Altered Alice challenges! You can see some of her previous Altered Alice reviews here, here and here and I am sure there will be more in the future as I love love love her style!  Sue is also a published author and I hope to order Handmade Decorative Books (A Passion for Paper) soon!

Terri DeVine of DeVine Designs by Terri is a very talented stamper and colorer who owns ALL the Copic colors and is a wizard with her airbrush! She is a good friend of mine and we craft together every Friday, so I have challenged her to come on this journey down the rabbit hole with me. Terri has been stamping for years but is brand new to the blogging scene and I know you will give her a warm welcome!

Tracy Evans of Tracy Evans will be familiar to you as our guest designer during the holidays last year on Oh, Alice! Tracy lives in Cheshire in the UK which I thnk is so appropriate for an Alice fan, don't you? I have followed her blog for a long time and her frequent Alice creations always enchant me. She is always willing to try new techniques! Tracy's work was recently on the cover of a Stampers Sampler issue where she was also featured in an article. Tracy has also been a featured artist on The Altered Alice and you can read the review here. She is on The Stamp Attic design team and a guest designer for The Artistic Stamper.

Oh, Alice Chapter 47:  Goodbye and Hello!
You will find the final Oh, Alice! challenge and design team samples here.

Enter your links below before 8 p.m. EST (GMT - 5) on Friday, January 28th. A winner will be drawn and announced on Saturday, Jan. 29, and we will begin with our first monthly challenge on The Altered Alice on Sunday, Jan. 30. The prize is a wonderful package of Nikki Sivils products, including a "Something for Everyone" 6x6 pad, 12x12 double-sided paper and matching burlap buttons and brads. What a generous package from a wonderful sponsor!
Please leave a comment for the new design team, and remember to FOLLOW us down a new rabbit hole as we continue our Alice in Wonderland adventures together! Be sure to update your readers and email subscriptions (links to subscribe to The Altered Alice are in the right column), and FOLLOW so you continue to receive the Alice in Wonderland challenge updates. Google accounts can follow in the left column and Facebook users will find Networked Blogs in the right column.

13 comments:

  1. Oh! This feels bittersweet! I am going to miss the old "Alice" but are looking forward to the new! Thanks for keeping it going Lynne! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to our journey down the rabbit hole together. Tracy Evans x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will also miss the "Oh, Alice" challenge blog, but this sounds like fun. :) I love the look of this blog, can't wait to play.
    Peace, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to the design team. You are all so talented. Lynne, your card is delightful, once again. The colours really pop and the whole thing looks like it has been watercoloured.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to the DT. So glad you can continue with a challenge dedicated to Alice in Wonderland :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting!! Sooo glad I've found the old and the new ;o) cant wait to play xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is sad that 'Oh Alice' is no longer - but pretty amazing that you are doing this, here.
    I am all for it.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was already a follower of The Altered Alice so I was thrilled when you picked up the torch from Oh Alice! Alice lives on! WooHoo! FAB DT! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lynne
    Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog. The white stuff you referred to is glue. It is 'grab adhesive' one brand of it is called 'No More Nails'. IT is easy to squeeze out of the tube, but I find it hard to keep it straight...it is my new 'fun' toy.
    Sue xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm looking forward to using my Alice stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your blog and also the interest you show in the works we do. Thanks a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, no! the link is closed and it's only 7:33 EST! Here is the link to my card: http://sherrithompson.blogspot.com/2011/01/krafty-hello.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Damn it, I missed posting this week, I thought I had till this Friday...uh duh! I noticed on the other site that it had not been updated and thought it was still the current challenge. Oh well. You can still view my creation at http://tamalicreation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

THANKS so much for participating in the experience that is THE ALTERED ALICE!!! Your comments mean the world to me, so thanks in advance for taking the time!